
"Eyes Like Stars captures the imagination through a combination of theatre, fantasy, humor, and love. Bella Aire, still a bit starry eyed after reading Lisa Mantchev's debut novel, predicted for it to be one of the best YA novels in 2009. Eyes Like Stars is on the NSCG List of Favorite Books."
Sounds like something you'd like? Entering for this contest is easy, and there are tons of ways to rack up extra entries. NOTE: This contest is open to US residents only.
Enter by leaving a comment below including your email address. The winner will receive a personalized ARC of Eyes Like Stars. If you are uncomfortable leaving your email address below, feel free to shoot me an email at not_so_cg[at]yahoo[dot]com instead with the subject "Lisa Mantchev Contest".
Extra Entries:
+1 Leave a comment on Lisa's guest blog
+1 Visit Lisa's website or the new Theatre Illuminata site and tell me about one thing you learned there about Lisa or her writing in your comment
+1 If you become a NSCG follower
+1 If you become a NSCG reader by subscribing to our myspace blog (www.myspace.com/not_so_cg)
+2 If you were a follower before Geek Fest
+2 If you were a reader before Geek Fest
+4 If you link to this contest in a post, sidebar, etc (a link to this must be left in your comment)
+1 Leave a comment on Lisa's guest blog
+1 Visit Lisa's website or the new Theatre Illuminata site and tell me about one thing you learned there about Lisa or her writing in your comment
+1 If you become a NSCG follower
+1 If you become a NSCG reader by subscribing to our myspace blog (www.myspace.com/not_so_cg)
+2 If you were a follower before Geek Fest
+2 If you were a reader before Geek Fest
+4 If you link to this contest in a post, sidebar, etc (a link to this must be left in your comment)
Make sure to leave all extra entries specifics in your comment/email.
This contest closes this Sunday (March 15th). The winner will be announced and contacted sometime in the week following.
i would love a chance to win a copy...
ReplyDeletemissstaceafrace@hotmail.com
I would love a chance to win a copy!
ReplyDelete+1 follower
+1 comment on guest blog
Thanks for the contest. The book looks amazing!
~Katie
katieb206@gmail.com
Pretty please, it's written in the stars that I should win the ARC of Eyes Like Stars. I'm now a follower of The Not So Closet Geeks, subscriber of the myspace blog, commented on Lisa's guest blog, and I learned from her website that she has thing for baby hedgehogs.
ReplyDeleteLilshyfaery@aol.com
+1 I am now a follower!
ReplyDeleteaerinblogs AT aol DOT com
insearchofgiants.com
Oh hey enter me in!
ReplyDeletePurdypirate@gmail.com
+ 4 linked in my sidebar!
ReplyDeleteaerinblogs AT aol DOT com
insearchofgiants.com
+ 1 comment on Lisa's guest post (WELL done article, btw)
ReplyDeleteaerinblogs AT aol DOT com
insearchofgiants.com
Last thing I can do is give you a +1 for learning about Lisa - she has a 4-yr-old who can sing Dr. Horrible. Yay, sugarbean!!
ReplyDelete(I have two kidlings, one 3 and one 4, so I can feel both the pride and pangs this causes.)
aerinblogs AT aol DOT com
insearchofgiants.com
I would love to enter!
ReplyDeletemdondero@sprynet.com
I've been hearing so much about his and can't wait to read it!!!
ReplyDeletesentas_cry516@hotmail.com
I'd love to give it a try!
ReplyDelete+1 For comment on the guest blog
+1 For a fact I learned: She grew up in Ukiah in Northern California
+1 Subscribed on MySpace
+2 Follower before Geek Fest
+2 Reader before Geek Fest
+4 POSTED TO MY BLOG: http://saveyoufromyourself.blogspot.com/2009/03/literary-devil-in-me-again.html
My email: XtasteXofXmeX@gmail.com
I want to read this! I've heard quite a bit about it already and sounds super neat. :D
ReplyDeletelc_intocable [at]yahoo[dot] com
Thanks!
I would love to win a copy!!!
ReplyDeleteemail: K_ice_2008@hotmail.com
Yay, who doesn't love ARCS? Thanks for the contest
ReplyDeleteAfter going to Lisa's website I discovered that she had written a bunch of short fiction in various different magazines (like Clarkesworld Magazine).
+1 Leave a comment on Lisa's guest blog
+1 Visit Lisa's website or the new Theatre Illuminata site and tell me about one thing you learned there about Lisa or her writing in your comment
+1 If you become a NSCG follower
Don't enter me!
ReplyDeleteI'm also holding a contest for an ARC of Eyes Like Stars!
Unfortunately it's not signed!
http://bookreviewsbyjess.blogspot.com/2009/03/review-contest-eyes-like-stars-theatre.html
I'd absolutely LOVE to get a copy of this book. I've been dying to read it.
ReplyDelete+1 Reader of your Myspace blog
+1 One thing I learned about Lisa: She's been in quite a few plays!
+1 Comment on guest blog.
I would love a chance to win a copy!
ReplyDeletesammyjones57(at)hotmail(dot)com
I have been a follower and a reader of both your Myspace and blog spot locations for months now.
ReplyDeleteThis contest is on my sidebar!
At her blog I learned that she was in Theatre! Who knew?
And I will post a comment on her guest blog!
tina238567@yahoo.com
i would love to win
ReplyDeletepkitty333@aol.com
I'm already a follower. I put this in my sidebar. ( bookjunkiereviews.blogspot.com ). I subscribed to your MySpace blog.
ReplyDeleteI went to her site and learned that her daughter's name is really close to mine. Amelia. Amélie. That's so cool. Plus, her husbands name is Angel (very cool) and she lives on the Olympic Peninsula (also very cool. I'm jealous)
And I'm about to comment Lisa's guest blog
Oops. I forgot to put my email. cullenwan2b@yahoo.com
ReplyDeleteAlso, I just went back and updated my blog so now there is a post about contests, including this one, here:
ReplyDeletehttp://katiesbookblog-katie.blogspot.com/2009/03/contest-roundup.html
Thanks again!
~Katie
I'd love to win this book. The cover is beautiful and so is the website!
ReplyDeleteI love how the cast and crew are on the website. Very cool!
I'm a follower, and I commented on the guest blog. I also subscribe to your blog on myspace.
I have never heard of this book, it looks very interesting though! I would louvee to get this book.
ReplyDeleteemail: queenb4ever@hotmail.com
+1 for leaving a comment on Lisa's guest blog
ReplyDelete+1 Lisa's website told me that Lisa likes to make jam
+1 for following
+4 for linking here: http://noraatnow.blogspot.com/2009/03/book-contests.html
I would love a chance to win a copy.
ReplyDeleteI am a follower.
bacchus76 at myself dot com
I don't think I can wait until summer for this book. I'd love a chance to win a copy.
ReplyDeleteharrypotterfan6991@hotmail.com
+1 for becoming a follower
ReplyDelete+1 for commenting on the guest blog
+1 for visiting Lisa's website and learning that she has four dogs
+4 for posting about the contest: http://wwwsimplymegan.blogspot.com/2009/01/january-contests.html
swimmer1430@aim.com
Oooh, please enter me!
ReplyDeletehawkdancer@gmail.com
+1: She wrote Six Scents, which was published in Weird Tales, Issue 344 and the Weird Tales Sampler.
+1: Commented on guest blog
Eeek, I love the cover. I've read a few good reviews about this book. Please enter me and here are all of the things that I've done for extra entries:
ReplyDelete+1 Leave a comment on Lisa's guest blog
+1 Lisa is from CA like me. But she's from Northern CA, Ukiah. I'm going to be in Ukiah in a few weeks to meet up with someone.
+1 If you become a NSCG follower
+4 If you link to this contest in a sidebar
http://caprubia.blogspot.com/
caprubia(at)gmail(dot)com
+1 I'd love to enter! :)
ReplyDelete+1 I just became a follower.
michelle.kuool(at)yahoo(dot)com
This looks like a great book, I'd love to read it!
ReplyDeletevmlay@artsci.wustl.edu
I would like to enter!
ReplyDelete+1 for becoming a follower
+1 because I visited the author's website and learned that she acted as a child and used to be an English teacher.
+1 for posting on Lisa's guest blog
rebecca191(at)aol(dot)com
Please include me in your drawing.
ReplyDeleteThanks
Carlene
Willreadforever@verizon.net
I am a follower and did post on Lisas guest blog.
ReplyDeleteThanks again
Carlene
willreadforever@verizon.net
Awesome contest! Really want this book! --Annabell
ReplyDeleteMy e-mail: heartofchrist19@yahoo.com
+1 Left a comment on Lisa's guest blog: My comment was: "Totally looking forward to reading this book! Sounds really good and LOVE the cover! Plus you sound pretty amazing yourself ;).
God Bless and wishing you all the success and happiness you can take till you bust,
Annabell"
+1 I visited Lisa's website and learned Lisa started at the age of seven to appear in community theater productions such as South Pacific, Peter Pan, The Nutcracker, Beauty and the Beast and Magic Theater.
+2 Reader before Geek Fest
+1 became a NSCG reader by subscribing on your myspace blog
+4 Left a link to the contest in a post on myspace
(http://bulletins.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=bulletin.read&authorID=51010863&messageID=6371704201&MyToken=ab5ca649-342d-4fca-b186-1dab6760e88f&hash=MIG3BgorBgEEAYI3WAOCoIGoMIGlBgorBgEEAYI3WAMBoIGWMIGTAgMCAAECAmYDAgIAwAQIfsFVutmd8kwEEM%2fkCBRG%2bXoB2uJlMyOYbPUEaOuTIV%2bFG9OdpUC1eHFK8xa1rZqvMQWMXdRjaXAGVx04C%2bk%2fkgtcpbbw0k2PX3mB59uIbhV%2fskIQQYFlsNUOX2MkagsQ%2b%2fUo9WsVan%2fpLtLPGkS3%2bAal3coTD%2bfFXjRME0uUQIpqchTk)
I follow you on Google Reader, and I posted about this contest on my sidebar.
ReplyDeletetowerofbooks(at)gmail.com
Enter me please! I've been following for a while!
ReplyDeletebooklovergal12 @ hotmail.com
+1 I left a comment on the guest blog
ReplyDelete+1 When not writing, she could be found at the beach.
+1 I am now following you.
+4 http://faladidadida.blogspot.com/2009/03/theres-actually-lot-more-contests-at.html
ttt1612 AT yahoo Dot com
Hi, this is xxhawkdancerxx again. I've just edited to say that I:
ReplyDelete[+1] Have subscribed on myspace
[+1] Am I follower
[+4] Have linked to this site: http://xxhawkdancerxx.livejournal.com/613.html
(My e-mail is hawkdancer@gmail.com, just as a reminder to avoid scrolling all the way up again. ^^u THANKS. :D)
I would love the chance to win a copy
ReplyDeletehorsegal@wideopenwest.com
Just so you know, I think you have to have an account on www.gaiaonline.com to read that post...
ReplyDeleteSorry!
following you and i posted on my blogroll http://reveriemedia.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteI'm dying to read this book. looks sooo good.
I really like her Theater website. It looks so neat and I cannot wait to start exploring.
vandsmedia@gmail.com
Please enter me in this drawing the book sounds intriguing! Thanks! Indigo
ReplyDeleteravensquietscreams@gmail.com
I'm also following you. Thanks! Indigo
ReplyDeleteravensquietscreams@gmail.com
Hello! my email is: furrymochi@bellsouth.net
ReplyDelete+1 I went on Lisa's website and learned she has a husband named Angel. huh.
>_< thanks for this chance!!!
I forgot to add that i became a follower!
ReplyDeleteYay! + 1 more
+1 I commented on Lisa's blog ^_^
ReplyDelete+1 I learned she has 4 dogs <3
+1 Im a NSCG follower
^_^
Jenny.3.C@gmail.com
I want it so much. It sounds so awesome.
ReplyDeleteI became a follower
dreaming.of.books@gmail.com